Email

Instagram

Facebook

Pages

Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Happy Birthday! Featuring: Honey Bee Stamps



Hello and welcome!

My name is Kelley, and I'm so honored to continue representing Honey Bee Stamps on their Design Team! Today I have a super fun and easy birthday card! I love the modern, rainbow, geometric cards I've been seeing lately.  The versatile Hexagon Solid Stacked Dies made this design simple to accomplish. There are 11 dies in this huge set. I used one of the smaller dies in the set and cut many hexagons out of Bristol card stock.




After die cutting, I pulled out my rainbow of Distress Oxide Inks: Worn Lipstick, Spiced Marmalade, Fossilized Amber, Cracked Pistachio, Broken China, and Wilted Violet. I used the Ranger Mini Ink Blenders to add ink onto each hexagon. I didn't have to be too careful in getting a perfect blend or smooth look, because I added sprays and sprinkles of water onto the hexagons. Adding water to Distress Oxide Inks makes the oxide in the formula react with water. That's what gives the hexagons the textured and spotted appearance. I adhered the hexagons to my card base....some laying flat and some raised with foam tape. I trimmed off small pieces that hung off of the card with sharp scissors.




For the greeting, I cut the Happy Buzz Word from black card stock. The Buzz Word Dies sets each have a scripty word that can be used alone, as shown here, or with the 2 coordinating shadow dies. The simple Birthday sentiment is from Paw-Some Sentiments. I love the way the simple, all caps "Birthday" looks with the elegant scripty "Happy". I treated a small strip of black card stock with an anti-static tool, stamped "Birthday" in Versamark Ink, and then added white embossing powder. I set the loose powder with a heat tool until it was good and smooth. The final touch was a few Small Clear Dew Drops!


Below I have attached a super quick video with all the details in making this card! Please stop by and check it out. As always, we appreciate your thumbs up and BEE sure you subscribe to the YouTube channel if you haven't. We have lots of amazing new designers that will be sharing their creations here on the blog, as well as , YouTube and all of our social media sites!

Video: 


Supplies:

No comments:

Post a Comment