Email

Instagram

Facebook

Pages

Friday, August 12, 2016

Hugs Enclosed!

             
   Hi there everyone! Today's cards feature the super cute Hugs Stamp and Die Set from
 Concord & 9th!


   For my first card I cut some watercolor card stock using the Hugs die that coordinates with the stamp set. I used Greg and Angie's (the Concord & 9th crew) Video Tutorial on exactly how to use this awesome set of dies. Next, I stamped the sentiment in black Versafine ink, covered that with clear embossing powder and heat set. I then stamped all the citrus images in Versamark ink, coated with white embossing powder and heat set those as well. After embossing, I taped off the areas of the card that I didn't want covered with Distress Inks. Using my ink blending tools, I blended my yummy citrus colors of Spun Sugar, Squeezed Lemonade, and Twisted Citron.


   The inside of the card is stamped as well with one of the super cute sentiments. I used the little citrus slice image and the "rock and roll" method to blend the Squeezed Lemonade and Twisted Citron inks together and added just a little extra interest to the inside!


   While I had all my supplies out I made this card using the Hugs die and the Happy Hues card and envelope pack. I've been wanting to use these awesome little watercolored cards, but didn't quite know what I wanted to do with them, until today!

 
   Using the measurements in the Video Tutorial I scored and folded the card. Next, I cut another Hugs card out of some extra watercolor card stock. I inserted the Hugs piece inside the watercolored piece and played with them, and trimmed a little until I got the perfect fit!


   When I had it just right, I adhered the Hugs insert into the watercolor piece. Lastly, I had to add a little sparkle. I placed some clear drops by Pretty Pink Posh onto the card front using bling glue dots. AND....nothing is complete without a little touch of clear Wink of Stella brush pen. I applied the Wink of Stella just to the Hugs peeking out from the card.


   This card was super quick and easy. With the help of the already beautiful Happy Hues card set and the innovative Hugs die, this card is simple, but has a big impact!



   I hope you enjoyed my cards today! As you can see I loved getting to play with the Hugs stamp and die set from Concord & 9th.

Until the next card...Have a Blessed Day!




1 comment: