Email

Instagram

Facebook

Pages

Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Be Unique! Featuring: Honey Bee Stamps



Hello again friends! I hope you all are having a blessed week!

I have to tell ya.... this card was so fun to make! I have seen layered backgrounds like this in the past. Some stamped underneath. Some color blended. There are tons of techniques you could use to make a background like this. I chose to use the sweet little daisy blooms from the Busy Bees Stamp Set. First, I die cut the upper layer with the coordinating Busy Bees Honey Cuts Dies. I put a piece of Neenah Solar White Card Stock into my Mini Misti and then laid the die cut layer on top of it. I fit the daisy stamps into the open die cuts like little puzzle pieces to insure I stamped them where they belong. Closing the lid of the Misti I picked up the stamps.  I removed the die cut layer, inked the daisy blooms up with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and then closed the Misti lid to stamp. I followed this process over and over until all of the die cut flowers had stamped images underneath them.




I found inspiration images on Pinterest for coloring both the white daisies as well as the bright and colorful one. Using Copic Markers, I very simply colored all of the images. The "Be" die cut was made using the scripty "Bee" word in the Bee-You-Tiful Honey Cuts Dies Set. I simply trimmed off the extra "e" to form the word I needed. The word "unique" comes from the Bee-You-Tiful Sentiment Stamp Set. It was stamped in Versamark sticky ink, covered in black embossing powder, and finally heat set. I added a little glitter to the colorful flower and the die cut "Be" using a Wink of Stella clear glitter pen.

Below I have included a video of the whole process of making this fun card! Thanks for checking it out. While your there BEE sure to subscribe!

Video:



Supplies:

2 comments:

  1. LOVE this beautiful card. I need to take time to be creative like this. Really like this idea. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is beautiful Kelley. I happened upon your blog through Honey Bee Stamps blog. This card caught my attention right away. Love the colors you used as well as the dimension you created. I don't usually like a lot of dimension on a card design, but this is perfect and SO stunning. I'll be binge reading your blog for days now. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete