Email

Instagram

Facebook

Pages

Tuesday, May 2, 2017

2 Projects and 2 Videos Featuring: Honey Bee Stamps New Release!

Hello Honey Bee Friends!!
Today I have 2 projects to share, both of which contain all new products from last week's spectacular release! My focus today will be more on the awesome versatility of some of the new dies.


The first card was created using the Hexagon Middle Cover Plate DieAny of the Stacking Hexagon Cover Plate Dies can be used together as a layered background or separately, like I did for this project. I started out by adhering a sheet of Scor-Tape, cut to size, to a top folding A2 size card base. Next, I adhered the yellow hexagon piece. When using Scor-Tape, you have to be super careful placing your materials. It is extremely sticky, and doesn't allow you to pull it up and adjust;) This left the sticky centers of the hexagons exposed. You are then able to add glitter like I did or patterned paper, seed beads, sequins...anything that you'd like to add. You're left with a shimmering background that needs very little to be a finished card. I used the Bee-you-tiful Honey Cuts Dies for the layered scripty "Bee" and the coordinating Bee-you-tiful Sentiments and stamped the "youtiful" onto a matching strip of card stock. The sweet little bee is so fun and easy to put together. She was made using the Build-A-Bee Honey Cuts Dies and the little face was stamped using the coordinating Build-A-Bee Stamp Set.  Easy Peasy and BEE-You-Tiful!

Below I have included a video on how to achieve the glitter inlaid look. Don't forget to finish the rest of this post....Another card and video are below!

Hexagon Plate Glitter Inlay Video




The second card I have to show you was a fun one! This little card is super easy using the Bee Hive Card Honey Cuts Die Set. To decorate the card I used the Busy Bee Stamp Set along with the coordinating dies. Using Copic markers I very simply colored the images. Some of the little bees I suspended with thin gauge wire, and others I adhered with foam tape. The bee buzzing out of the hive was placed on a mini action wobbler to give him both dimension and motion.

These little hives would be super cute as a place setting or part of a center piece at a summer cook-out. They also make the perfect card to hang over the side of a cute gift bag, as seen below. This made a plain inexpensive gift bag into something special.


I have one more video to share with you. Thank you for checking it out! While you're visiting the YouTube channel BEE sure to subscribe! We don't want you to miss a thing;)

Hive Card Die Set Video



Thank you for stopping by. Enjoy the BEE-youtiful spring weather!

Supplies:



No comments:

Post a Comment