Email

Instagram

Facebook

Pages

Tuesday, May 23, 2017

buzzing by to say HELLO!


Hello there friends!

I had a blast today playing with some Distress Oxide Inks and lots of Honey Bee Stamps!
I created rainbow stripes using my "Free Bees", the Misti, and the Misti's Creative Corners. I lined up my little bees in the Misti, and used the Creative Corners to stamp row by row. This was super easy...just count the little squares on your Misti grid and move your paper up or down to get perfect stamping! All of the bees are stamped in the Distress Oxide Inks. These yummy inks are wonderful for stamping sharp images, as well as color blending and painting techniques.


I colored some watercolor paper with Broken China Distress Oxide by taking the ink pad directly to the paper. Using a mini distress sprayer, I lightly spritzed the colored paper with water. I blotted up the excess water with a paper towel. This leaves a change in color where the water was. I love how the oxide inks actually change in color, not just bleach out so to speak when blotted up. After the paper had dried, I used the Hello Dies to create the blue shadow along with the scripty Hello in black.


The "buzzing by to say" greeting from the Bee-YOU-tiful Sentiment Set, was stamped onto white card stock with Versamark sticky ink. I dipped the little strip of paper into black embossing powder and heat set the powder. I tucked it in behind the H in Hello and adhered it all to the card front with liquid glue. Last but not least, I had to add a couple of Busy Bees buzzing by. I stamped these little guys in Memento Tuxedo Ink and colored them with copic markers. Using the coordinating Busy Bee Dies, I ran them through my die machine to cut them out. They were adhered around the greeting using small bits of foam tape to pop them up off of the card.

Thanks for buzzing by today! Have a great week;)

Supplies:


No comments:

Post a Comment