Email

Instagram

Facebook

Pages

Tuesday, September 5, 2017

United We Flourish: Honey Bee Stamps and Ellen Hutson Collaboration!



Hi there crafty friends!

I have to start this post by apologizing. I couldn't get my pictures just right due to lots and lots of smoke in our neck of the country. Part of our country is flooded, and the Pacific Northwest is covered in forest fires. Thoughts and many prayers going out to our friends in Texas, as well as anyone affected by all of the devastating fires.




Today's project started out as one card and kind of morphed into two! I had a ton of fun playing with the A2 Sunburst Coverplate Die and the new Sending Sunshine Stamps and Dies. The Sending Sunshine Stamps and Dies are a part of the amazing United We Flourish collaboration with Honey Bee Stamps and the fantastic Ellen Hutson!

I've included a video below that details the making of both of my cards. I hope you'll check it out. If you'd rather watch in YouTube, please click HERE!

Video:



Thanks for sticking around and checking it out! A detailed list of supplies for both cards can be found at the end of this post.




For this first card, I cut the Sunburst from yellow card stock and covered a white piece of card stock with a Stick-It Adhesive Sheet. I removed the backing sheet from the adhesive and stuck the sunburst onto the sticky sheet. I added Nuvo Gilding Flakes in Radiant Gold and Sunkissed Copper to the exposed adhesive. After burnishing in the flakes and brushing away the excess, you are left with the beautiful shine and texture.





The "Sunshine" die cut is from the Ray of Sunshine Die Set. This set includes both the shadow, shown here in navy and the scripty word that I've covered in sticky embossing ink and heat embossed with Nuvo Gold Enchantment Embossing Powder. The rest of the stamped greeting is from the Sending Sunshine Stamp Set. I used the same embossing ink and gold powder to match the die cut sunshine. I dotted the "i" with a shimmery star found in the Pumpkin Spice Latte sequin mix. My sun shining  card panel was added to a navy top folding card base.




This card was started with the Sunburst Die as well. I cut the sunburst 3 times. Once in scrap with card stock, once with the large polka dots, and last with the small. Using the scrap white sunburst as a guide, I glued all of the patterned paper in place and then gently pulled away the white card stock guide leaving the beautiful sunshine and rays. The grouping of flowers are from the Zen Floral Stamp and Die set. I had fun coloring the images with Nuvo Glitter Markers and Brush Pens (listed below).





The fantastic greeting is from the Sending Sunshine Stamps and Dies. I stamped them in Versafine Black Onyx Ink, covered the wet ink in clear embossing powder and then heat set to a glossy black finish. The die cut sunshine was cut 3 times and adhered one on top of the other to add a little dimension and interest. I added a tiny bit of clear Wink of Stella glitter pen the the sunshine die cut for a little extra shimmer.

Thanks for joining me here today! I hope you'll check out the United We Flourish collaboration stamps and dies! I had so much fun pairing them with supplies I had in my craft room!

Supplies:


http://linkdeli.com/widget.js?1504266282599

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards! Love those gilding flakes.... pretty, shimmery effect! Awesome Sunburst Die!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen your cards elsewhere actually. And they are really stunning !!

    ReplyDelete