Email

Instagram

Facebook

Pages

Friday, March 31, 2017

Praise You! Featuring: Gina Marie Designs Cross Die


Hello Everyone! 
Can you believe it's almost time for Easter? 

For today's project I've paired this amazing Gina Marie Designs Cross Die with yummy Spring paper and what's actually a sentiment from a Christmas stamp set. 




The first thing I did was all my die cutting. I folded my yellow card base and positioned my Fancy Stitched Scalloped Rectangle Die where it would only cut the sides and bottom. I wanted to leave the fold line intact on the top, so I used washi tape to hold the die in place while running it through my die cut machine. The largest die in this set is barely smaller than A2 card size, which is 5.5 x 4.25 inches. I used the largest for the card base and the next size smaller for the patterned paper. 

It's hard to tell from the pictures, but the patterned paper has a layer of vellum over the top. I cut the vellum with the same sized die as the patterned paper and used this to mute or soften the patterned paper. It gives a soft and elegant texture, which is perfect for Easter.

Next, I cut 2 crosses with the Gina Marie Designs Scroll Cross Die. I love that you can cut as many colors and patterned papers as you like and inlay them into the scrolls of the cross. 



Here you can see the beautiful detail of the Fancy Stitched Scalloped Rectangle Dies, and the delicate  scrolls and inlays inside the Gina Marie Designs Cross

I added the verse Psalm 63:4 onto a strip of black card stock. Using the Stampaholic Stamping Tool, I positioned my card stock and my stamp. I used an anti-static powder tool to treat the paper and then stamped with Versamark sticky ink and covered with white embossing powder. After heating the powder until smooth, I trimmed the ends of the paper and added the verse to the front of the card. 



The finishing touch was a small bit of Wink of Stella on the inlaid yellow card stock. This added just a bit of shimmer without overpowering the beautiful cross. 


Supplies:


No comments:

Post a Comment