Email

Instagram

Facebook

Pages

Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Honey Jar Shaker Card!



Hello friends! Thank you all for joining me today for this super simple Honey Jar Shaker Card. The inspiration for this card was the rich and beautiful color of the Bee Pollen Dew Drops. I knew they would be the perfect shaker filler in my jar of honey.

I started out by stenciling the background paper first. I used a honeycomb stencil and 2 Distress Ink Colors in Mustard Seed and Fossilized Amber. This piece was cut down to 4 x 5.25 inches in order to allow the A2 size (4.25 x 5.5 inch) top folding card base to peek out around the sides.


The "Sweet As Honey" greeting is from the Sweet As Honey Stamp Set. I prepped a scrap of vellum with an anti-static powder tool and then stamped with Versamark Ink. The sticky Versamark Ink was covered with Platinum embossing powder and then heat set. I love using platinum embossing powder. It goes very well with both warm and cool colors. I fussy cut the scripty "honey"  embossed word and added it to the vellum greeting label.
All of the dies for the sweet little canning jar are found in the Honey Jar Fold Along Card Die set. I made 3 cuts of the jar image: 2 of the teal blue and 1 acetate. To add the window to one of the blue die cuts, I used a label die that fit perfectly! The Honey Jar Fold Along Card Die set also includes the cute little matching lid for your jar. The image above is the whole Honey Jar Fold Along Card. I used the inside jar portion (seen here in white) for my shaker jar. This die set offers many cute possibilities!


Putting together the shaker part of this card was super easy! Please check out the video that I've added below for the step by step process in making the shaker jar and card.

Video:

Supplies:


No comments:

Post a Comment