Email

Instagram

Facebook

Pages

Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Adore Him!! Winter Scene Card

Merry Christmas!


I was recently inspired by a winter scene created by artist and paper crafter Betsy Veldman. She created the coolest tree scene and I knew I had to recreate it using the Adore Him stamp and adding some Christmas touches.










I've attached a tutorial video below. Making these trees are so very easy! Check it out below or on  my YouTube channel HERE!



*** Fossilized Amber Oxide used not Mustard Seed :)
Thank you for sticking around! All of the supplies used in the video are listed in the supply list found at the bottom of this post!


I started the background my drawing the star with  Molotow Masking Pen. This kept that spot nice and clean so I could add the Starry Colors watercolor later on. Using Broken China Oxide Ink, I blended just toward the top of the paper and around the star, leaving open space to add the Fossilized Amber Oxide. I was super careful not to pull up the masking fluid with my ink blender. I also didn't want to mix the yellow and blue oxides....so I was careful not to get too close when adding the ink. Using the Distress Sprayer, I spritzed water onto the blue background, and soaked up the drips with a paper towel. This adds to the snowy effect! After letting the inks and water dry, I began working on the trees.


I used a cheap fan paint brush and 3 shades of green ink to make the trees. Wetting the brush lightly first, I picked up ink and let the fan brush do all of the work shaping the trees. Check out the video above for lots of details. The snow on the branches is inexpensive white craft paint. I used the same fan brush and added it sparsely to give the look of snow. The Adore Him stamp was so perfect for this project! I inked it in Nuvo Clear Mark Ink and heat embossed it with platinum embossing powder. The background was trimmed and added to coordinating blue card stock and then adhered to a white top folding card base. The beautiful sentiment is all this card needs! No need to add any other embellishments ;)

I want to wish you all a Merry Christmas! Have a blessed day enjoying loved ones!
                                              

Supplies:
http://linkdeli.com/widget.js?1513343203250



No comments:

Post a Comment