Email

Instagram

Facebook

Pages

Friday, December 30, 2016

Happy New Year!




Welcome everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas.
Today's project was created with the new year in mind. When I think of a New Year's Eve party, I think of lots of sparkle with black and gold. I started by stenciling the confetti dots onto smooth white card stock using Versamark sticky ink and the Echo Park Snow Fall Stencil. After taping the stencil down on top of the card stock, I squished my Versamark ink pad directly onto the stencil. I was careful to make sure to get plenty of sticky ink into the holes of the stencil.


Using the Kat Scrappiness Happy New Year die, I cut the greeting three times.They were  adhered together with spray adhesive. I used an inexpensive sponge dauber to messily sponge Versamark stick ink onto the bottom half of the Happy New Year die cuts. Next, I covered the sticky ink with Nuvo Gold Enchantment Embossing Powder and heat set it. I wanted the Happy New Year words to look like they were dripping with sparkle.


Using the Kat Scrappiness Double Stitched Circle Dies, I cut the confetti background as well as a smaller vellum circle. I love how the vellum adds dimension and interest without covering up the gold dots underneath. I also cut a vellum star using Gina Marie Design's Stitched Star Dies. Using the sponge dauber again, I inked up the edges of the star and added more of the Nuvo Gold Enchantment Embossing Powder. This is all layered on top of black and white stripped patterned paper, and plain black card stock. I shifted all of the layers to the right and trimmed off the excess on that edge.


The finishing touch to my card was to add a bit more sparkle. Can you ever have enough sparkle? I used the Kat Scrappiness Holiday Sparkle sequin mix. These sequins have the look of being glittered. The gold was perfect for this design. They perfectly matched the gold embossing powder and carried the confetti look


Thank you for joining me today! I hope you all have a wonderful and blessed new year!
Kelley;)

Supplies:



No comments:

Post a Comment