Email

Instagram

Facebook

Pages

Saturday, October 1, 2016

World Card Making Day!


Happy October everyone & Happy World Card Making Day!!

Today I'm sharing a Fall color themed card using masks and Distress Inks.







First, using the Gina Marie Designs Fern dies and masking paper, I die cut many of the fern pieces to mask of the areas that I wanted to stay white while I was color blending.










I chose to use watercolor paper for the background, because I knew after I added the Distress Inks, I would be misting with water to add more texture. Misting your Distress Inks with water, and then dabbing with a paper towel, pulls up the color only in the spots where misted. So you get a dark background with lighter spots.








 Using Versamark sticky matermark ink, I stamped the beautiful "Grateful" from the Mudra Grateful stamp set onto heavy vellum. I covered with Ranger Princess Gold embossing powder and heat set. Next, I fussy cut around the scripty sentiment.


For the rest of the sentiment, I prepped a scrap piece of black card stock with my anti-static powder tool. Using the "So Very" from the same Mudra stamp set, I stamped it in Versamark ink and covered it with white embossing powder and then heat set. I die cut the black piece using the Gina Marie Designs Stitched Fishtail Banner dies


Here is the card all put together! I added my sentiment pieces to the ink blended background, and then finished the card by adding several Kat Scrappiness Sequins in Autumn Harvest

Thank you for joining me for World Card Making Day! Please check out all of my friends over on the Kat Scrappiness Blog. There is awesome inspiration, plus Kat Scrappiness is having a sale and a challenge! For more details please visit Kat Scrappiness!

Happy Fall:)

Supplies:






4 comments:

  1. Why do I never think of using my dies to make mask's for adding backgrounds?? Thank you for the inspiration.. Fab Card

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I saw someone else do it and thought...well Duh;) Why don't I use my dies like this? Thank you!

      Delete
  2. Gorgeosu card! Your ink blending is really amazing :)

    ReplyDelete