Email

Instagram

Facebook

Pages

Tuesday, April 4, 2017

How To Make A Graduation Card! Featuring: Honey Bee Stamps HOORAY! Stamps and Dies



Graduation season is quickly approaching and I needed an easy congratulations card to send to a friend's daughter. The new HOORAY! Stamp Set is perfect for all types of celebrations!

Whether you need a baby card, birthday card, anniversary....This set has it all!




I started out by stamping the rainbow background using the MISTI Creative Corners. Using the corner magnet pieces and the triangles, I was able to line up the HOORAY! greeting nice and straight every time.




The greeting for the the front of the card was made using the matching HOORAY! Honey Cuts Die Set. It includes both the shadow, which I cut in black card stock, and the word shown here in red glitter card stock. Instead of building my die cut up using thin card stock, I tried using my stash of chipboard. It's nice, thick, and sturdy and was easy to cut with these dies. The chipboard added the dimension I was wanting, without having to make multiple cuts on lots of paper. The color of the chipboard is hidden under the black shadow piece ;)




The rainbow background was adhered to a black top folding card base. I added white card stock trimmed to fit, to the inside of the card, leaving only small black borders. This gives me a light area,  so I can easily write a message. Using the same HOORAY! Stamp Set, I stamped the scripty "congratulations" in black ink. I love how this word fits so nicely at the top. It adds just a little something to the inside of the card.

Please check out the video below! It contains how I used the MISTI Creative Corners to make the rainbow background. Have a great day!


Video:

Supplies:



No comments:

Post a Comment