Email

Instagram

Facebook

Pages

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Using My Practice Images!


   Recently, my family went on a super long road trip from Washington state to southern California. I knew I would be very board riding in the car for that long, so I took along some supplies. I practiced both my copic and water coloring. Now that I'm home I have all these colored images ready to make some cards!



   First up, I wanted to use the super cute Playful Pups from  Mama Elephant  I used the coordinating dies and cut out my pup, then tried to decide how to organize my card layout. The Soft Stone card base, the stars out of the Tinsel and Tags paper pad, and the  Smokey Shadow card stock used for my star,  are all from Papertrey Ink. The stitched star die is from Gina Marie Designs


    I love this sentiment! It is from the Hand Lettered Encouragement stamp set from Simon Says Stamp. This set has some awesome sentiments, whether you need a "keep up the good work" or "feel better" type card. The one I chose didn't quite fit onto my die cut, so I got a little creative. I traced the star lightly onto my card base and then stamped the sentiment using my MISTI stamping tool  with Papertrey Ink Smokey Shadow ink. It perfectly matches their Smokey Shadow card stock. I attached my star with reposition-able adhesive. I stuck the whole thing in the MISTI again, carefully lining up the sentiment and stamped it in Versamark sticky ink. I removed and embossed the star in Ranger Liquid Platinum embossing powder and the card base with clear embossing powder. I erased my pencil lines and then popped the star up off the card base using foam adhesive tape and trimmed the part sticking out on the side.  



   I attached my star patterned paper and then popped up and attached my pup using foam tape. The last little detail was adding a tiny bit of Glossy Accents to his wet little nose. Now, I need to see what I can do next with my huge pile of colored images! 
Don't forget to take a few supplies with you on the run. You can get a lot done in the pick up line at school, waiting for appointments, or hours of riding in the car! :)



   Have an awesome end to your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment